4/09/2008

Rob White Report: Burnham Criterium

Well, training has been going really well. I feel twice as strong as I did last year. Ryan and I traveled down to the Burnham Spring Super Crit on Sunday April, 6 2008. We felt that we had the win in the bag. But that wasn't the case. Ryan crashed about 4 laps into the race and I was left out to fend for my self.

Two guys got away late in the race and I was tring to get away myself, but I think everyone was watching me. That they thought that those guys would get caught. Well they didn't, and it came down to me in a pack of about 25 for the field sprint for third place. Yes, I did win the field sprint by a couple of bike lengths, but I didn't get the win. Things may have been different with Ryan still in the race to bring the break back. But, lesson learned. Never let anyone get to far out that I can't bridge accross.

Next weekend it's out to California to play with the big boys at the National Racing Calendar's Garret Lemire Memorial Grand Prix.

-Rob White

No comments: