4/28/2007

Carter Report: Camp & TdG

Hey fellow ABD'ers

Let me introduce myself for those who do not know me. My name is Josh Carter and I am one of the new riders on the elite team. I just wanted to drop a note to all just to let you know how things are going.

We had team camp on the 13-15 of April and it was the first time we have had a chance to ride together this year. I think that we have a great team this year. Everyone seems to share the same excitement for the season and is eager to race together. The guys all look good and are riding very well.

Since then I had the opportunity to work the Tour of Georgia. The company that I work for (Dent Wizard International) was a major sponsor for the race and was the aggressive rider jersey. Not only did I get to watch all the races (with VIP treatment) I had the opportunity to present the jerseys to the riders on the podium, I got to meet and hang out with the likes of George Hincapie and Levi Liepheimer, and also have dinner with Floyd Landis. It was a lot of fun and a lot of work. (note to self: Brass Town Bald is for climbers not sprinters)
That was the hardest climb that I have ever done, and would be very happy if I never have to do it again.

My next adventure is coming up this next week when I get to take on the big boys myself at the USA CRITS Southeast Series with 8 wicked fast crits in 9 days. I start today with a 3k grid qualifier raced on computrainers (thank goodness for the ABD indoor TT's). I will keep you posted on the races. Wish me luck!

Josh Carter

No comments: